Friday, July 10, 2009

WMATA & riders FAIL AT LIFE.

Ahhh, WMATA. I have so much hate for your metro system. But this is totally not entirely your fault, I promise.

I see this every day. I ride the orange line from New Carrollton station into DC five days a week. And when I am leaving the parking structure, there are three lanes in which you can pay. Two that you must pay with your SmarTrip card, and one that you can pay with a credit card.

There is always some dipshit having to back out of one of the SmarTrip lanes, or having to get out of his/her vehicle to walk over to the other lane to pay. Or to find out what to do.

Now, this is the Metro-dedicated parking structure. What I don't get is that it says THESE LANES SMARTRIP ONLY. NO CASH, NO CREDIT. And yet...

Is it because you don't know how much money you have on your card? You do know that every time you scan it at the gate to pay your fare, it shows you how much is on the card, right? And assuming you take the same commute every day, wouldn't you know when you need to recharge it? I mean, I've got the second-worst memory known to man (my roommate's is the only one worse!) and I've never had to back out of that lane. Why are you an idiot?



This morning on the train, a woman a seat in front of me and across the aisle had her headphones up so loud the man sitting next to her was plugging his ear. It was so loud that I could hear every single word sung loud and clear, across the crowded train. The woman next to me was rolling her eyes. The woman sitting in front of this woman actually turned around and went "it's a little loud, don't you think?"

I don't understand this. I mean, I like my music loud but honestly? I know better than to inflict what I'm listening to on the people around me. (Unless I've had a really bad day, then I don't care, but I don't think I could ever listen to my headphones quite that loudly.)

Strangely enough, it's always rap/shitty r&b/Beyonce.
I feel like that's probably telling.

The worse the taste in music, the louder it has to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment